From:
"Donald L. Roberts" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:25:23 -0700
Phil, John, and anyone else interested,

I have had DSL from Pacific Bell now calling itself A T and T for
about five years.  Although it likely is slightly slower than
Comcast cable, the difference in price is well worth it for me.
I pay a bit more than $19 per month and consistently get
throughput of more than 300 kb per second as measured in internet
explorer.  I download the newsline each week, and the download
consistently takes me no more than 15 seconds.  I can download a
full copy of Jaws in not more than 4 minutes.

In short, the service has been good with very few almost no
outages.  And the download speed and reliability have been more
than enough to meet my expectations.  The modem is mine as I got
it with the initial one-year contract, and the same Westel
external modem has been consistently performing like a champ
during all that time.

Don Roberts