From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:51:07 -0400
I have been happy with EarthLink DSL, connected through Verizon's equipment
for the past 6 months.  Before I started using DSL, when my HP computer's
modem was connected to the phone line and the HP was plugged into AC, there
was a lot of hum on my phone line all over the house.  This had nothing to
do with DSL, but indicated that there was a ground loop somewhere.

With filters installed on all phones, I have no noise on any phone,
regardless of whether the DSL modem is active or not.  I get about 1.7 MBps
download and about 512K upload with this particular service.  If I transmit
on 80 or 40, under certain conditions, I can cause the DSL connection to
drop, I think.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls