From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:18:43 -0400
I do have one of the old alliance units where the top  mast passes
completeley through the rotor.  It's in the attic turning a small  log
pereodic for 2 and 432 by Elk  Antennas.  The knob has  a line you can feel
so you can tell where you are in rotation.  It has 36 steps around the dial
so you get 10  degrees   of rotation  for each click.   It was new in the
box  and over 20 years old when  someone gave it to me  15 years ago.

Using a newer Channel Master digital TV rotor to turn a  HF mini beam on  a
push up mast.  Can't tell where you are, but it's not hard to get there.
Box has  red led display that a partial  may be able to see.   Remote
control allows you to enter  a 3 digit beam heading.  Box clicks at start
and stop of rotation. This was supposed to be a temp setup but has been up
2 1/2 years.   A little  trial and error and a little memory and it's not
hard to figure out where I'm pointed.

If I ever get the  Ham IV  reinstaled, I'll consider the  Rotor e-z card
from Idiom Press.  Allows computer control and  turns the calibrate knob on
the  control box into a pointer to  allow manual rotation.

73 Steve KW3A