From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:34:18 -0400
Hi Ron;
I'm not 100% certain we are talking about the same unit but there was a
modified rotor available with a braille control.  The control had a knob
that would turn a full 360 degrees and there were braille markings for n s e
w etc.  When you set the knob to the direction of your choice you pressed a
button on the control box and you got a high pitched tone until the beam
reached your setting.  I'm not at all certain if the thing was marked in
print.
I also thought that it was long discontinued but I certainly have been wrong
before.  You might check out norms rotor service.
Handihams also has a unit that connects to the existing control box of many
rotors that gives you some audible info as to where the beam is.  The
advantage to their approach is it can be connected to an existing rotor and
control box without any modifications.
I have used the unit sold by norms rotor service and loved it but in
retrospect it may have been a bit pricy.
happy shopping
Rich ---- Original Message -----