From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:34:29 -0600
hi tom:
there are military surplus fiber glass sectional masts availible on Ebay for
very reasonable prices.
They come in four foot sections with ends that connect together...and you
can buy a bass plate and top section as well....they are obviously
non-metallic, easy to take down and put up, and pretty cheap.
As was stated already on this list, a metallic mast or tower won't be an
issue as long as you have the twin lead portion of the antenna away from the
vertical antenna support structure.
And if its at an angle away from the tower from the feed point, even better.
I am considering the fiber glass sections myself since my antenna structure
has to be light weight, easy to take down and easy to put up.
73
Colin, V A6BKX