ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:35:41 -0600
Kathy,

I guess, if you want to get down to definitions, neither flag is Christian.
They both are man made.  Yet, both flags are symbolic and for similar
reasons, as I see it.  It might be viewed like the cross and the bible.  If
you display them both, as many churches do, which do you put higher than the
other?  Kathy, I just don't know.  I'm partial, as I have indicated, to the
symbolic representation of the American flag.  If your state has a law, as
does Colorado, governing flag displays, then you have no choice, unless, of
course, you remove them both.  then you are going to have a bunch of angry
people, of course, but the law is the law.  It is also sort of like prayer
in schools.  I could care less if we can, or cannot, pray in a public
school.  In fact, if we have to come up with a generalized prayer, forget it
all together.  How do I always get myself into these situations?  I'm not
that controversial, am I?  Haw.

Phil.