From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:14:25 -0500
I tried mic control and didn't like it.  I would sometimes think I was
entering a freq or something and actually be doing all kinds of stuff I
didn't want to do!  Using the PF key as the enter key works best for me, but
I know many folks prefer mic control.  BTW, in the early versions of the v7
the mic was always hot and with the mic control turned on you could start
controlling the rig by just clinking around in the shack or from the dtmf
keypad of another radio.  I had someone mod the mike and fixed that problem
and I guess since then the problem has been fix from Kenwood.

Regards, Ken

#14.18 Keypad Direct Entry

You can select the desired operating frequency, memory channel, or tone
frequency by entering numbers directly from the mc-53dm microphone. To
use this function, assign the enter function to any programmable function
key first.
...skip some stuff...
Tone Frequency Number Entry

1 Select the desired band.

2 Press tone to activate the tone function.

3 Hold F for 1 second, then press T.SEL. The current tone frequency
appears.

4 Press the mic key re-programmed with enter. "---" appears

5 Use the mic keypad to enter the number corresponding to the desired tone
frequency. Consul the table given in "selecting a Tone frequency" to find
out. how the tone numbers correspond to the tone frequencies.

Below are the tones for the v7, I think the 707 is the same.
CTCSS tones

1: 01 67.0
02 71.9
03 74.4