From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:42:18 -0500
Mike! That's hillarious! HEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEE! Kind of reminds me
of when I lived in Scottsdale, Arizona with my late husband, who was also a
ham. We had this young know-it-all next door neighbor who was bound and
determined to get both of us kicked off the air because he got lines and
squiggles on channel 5 on his sattellite dish!

Well, at first, the FCC Monitoring Station sent us a little booklet called
The Interference Handbook, and we were told to take down our Hustler
vertical antenna, which was
ground-mounted, disassemble the antenna, put some kind of grease that they
sent to be used, then put the antenna back together and put it up on the
mast again. (The mast was buried in the ground about eighteen inches, and
the antenna went over that, somehow or another. Even though I'm an Extra
Class ham, I know nothing about how that antenna was arranged.)

This guy wouldn't take "NO" for an answer, so the FCC Monitoring Station in
Douglas, Arizona, sent one of their vans out to check out our station.
While they were there, they checked it out physically, as well. Our
stations were the cleanest ones they said they'd ever seen. We were told to
resume our hamming as if nothing were going on next door. HEE HEE HEE HEE!
Got him, that sneaky little brat!

88's,
Reeva Parry,
AMATEUR RADIO CALL SIGN:  K8DMU FOR FORTY-FOUR YEARS!