From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:53:02 -0400
Hard drives usually have a small jumper near the wires that set it
as master, slave or cable select.  The cable connectors may also
be marked as master and slave, and will need to match the jumper
selection.  The BIOS (to enter BIOS, hit delete, F1, etc. at
startup) may also require a setting change to recognize a second
hard drive.  Lastly, the drive may need to be partitioned and/or
formatted; did your friend leave all his files intact?
PC's, BIOS and operating systems all have limitations, without
more info, it's hard to diagnose your exact problem.

Wolfgang Rohloff (WH) wrote:

> Hi Everyone
>

> I have a question to ask about Hard Drives. Can I put a 40Gig h/d into
> a Pentium 3 PC or does it not work. I have been given a 40G drive by a
> friend who upgraded his P4 with a 120G drive. When I put it into my pc
> and try to Boot up I get an "IO Error " message. Does any one have any
> answers for me.
>

> Also When I try to put a 7,5G drive into my P1 I get the same sort of
> error there. What is the maximum size drive a P1 can take???
>
> Reagrds
> Wolfgang Rohloff
> Cape Town,SA

                     visit our download web page at: