Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:00:03 -0700
I missed the original post, but I can share some experience with Averatec. A
keyboard problem such as described would NOT be covered by warranty even if
the warranty is still in effect. Expect a cost on the order of $250 for
labor and parts. They will give you an estimate before repairing (a bit
higher than what they will actually charge - based on my experience). The
bad news is that it can take six weeks to get your laptop back. They claim a
much faster turnaround, but it has been slow going on the several occasions
I had to send it in.

Although my daughter's laptop model 3150H is a nice performer, it has not
been very reliable. Hope your experience is better than mine, William.

Peter