From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 09:47:32 -0500
Lesa Jordan's post(clipped):---

<<<< Thanks for the suggestions, but it did not have any effect. Is there any way to shut the computer down like we used to in Win98, by that I mean that I had to shut it down with the power button, it did not shut down by itself>>>>

Taking into account your earlier post and this I would suggest you disconnect your front panel connectors to your mother board and re-connect and see if it helps.

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE NOT OPENED UP A COMPUTER BEFORE AND NOT COMFORTABLE WITH IT DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS. PERHAPS A FRIEND FAMILIAR WITH SUCH THINGS CAN HELP?

good luck----Venkat Viswanathan

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml