From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:42:10 -0500
Just curious how many middleaged (I say this because it's always easier to
lose fat when one is younger) paleo gals out there reach their goals in
terms of body fat/composition? Also, any of you ever notice a difference in
energy at the gym or fat loss when doing all meat/fat days?  There was a
gal named Mary whose posts I read in the archives and she seems to have
fared quite well on all meat.  If your out there Mary -- please give us
more details regarding your prolonged all-meat experiences especially how
it affected your ability to exercise?

I'm considering trying all meat/fat just for the heck of it out of
curiousity but my workout intensity is increasing (more sprint intervals,
heavy weights etc) and I don't want to backslide because of reduced T3
output.

By the way any thoughts on whether the studies done that showed reduced T4-
T3 conversion on prolongued low-carb regimes were done on high fat/low carb
or just low carb?  I'm thinking that perhaps there is a different effect on
the thyroid gland on a high fat/all meat versus less fat/all meat regime??