From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:44:29 -0500
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:40:30 -0500, Michael Raiti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Rosedale's book had been mentioned several times on this list.  I am
>not familiar with this book.  I am curious about it.  Is there
>anything unique about the book in terms of shedding light on the
>foods we are best designed to eat.  I have read many book lately that
>reinforce paleo eating and lifestyle choices and want to know if this
>book just repeats what others say or has a different angle in what it
>presents.
>
>Mike
>

>>My recommendation, then, would be to pick up Ron Rosedale's new book
>>and stick to his "A List" (but ignore his allowance of fat free
>>cheese).
>>--
>
>Thoughts on Rosedale:
He limits protein to approx. 40-60 grams per protein based upon one's
size.  He restricts saturated fat for the first 3 weeks until one is
a "good fat burner."  He doesn't provide any references to back up the
claim that "it doesn't make sense to eat saturated fat while one is trying
to burn it."  He isn't paleo -- allows fat-free dairy and hummus and corn
tortilla wraps.  Says one shouldn't eat within 3 hours of bedtime and
should exercise AFTER dinner.  No grazing -- one should allow 5ish hours
between meals.  Believes lower body temp and lower thyroid numbers are a
good thing -- obviously he hasn't experienced the hair loss and other
hellish symptoms people such as myself experience when thyroid numbers drop
too low. He emphasizes monosaturates and omega-3s yet claims one shouldn't
be hungry and allows nuts which certainly add plently of omega-6.  He makes
a big deal out of "leptin control" and how low carb, small meals and not
eating before bedtime helps with this.  This is supposed to help with
hunger/overeating.