From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:33:53 -0600
yes you can use an amateur radio transceiver as long as the police are on
frequencies that an amateur transceiver can receive....most large city or
county agencies use what is called trunking which is in the 800 and 900
megahertz range which most transceivers do not pick up.
Amateur transceivers do not have the appropriate software to decode the
signals or to follow the constantly changing trunk system...its always
better just to use a scanner.
Unless your police fire and MES are on vhf or uhf freqs.
73
Colin, V A6BKX