From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 21:53:46 -0600
that repeater can also be heard on shoutcast in two different streams, one
off the VHF 147.435 side and one off the K6HOG UHF link.
That is actually one of the coolest setuyps i have heard, they have pretty
much every cutting edge feature on that repeater that one can find...all
except IRLP and echo link is down, but it is a blast to listen to.  They
have countless inputs ranging from 10 meters, 6M VHF 220 UHF, and even up in
the 902 range if not higher...you can hit that repeater from almost anywhere
in that general region on one input or another.
The FCC has tried to shut them down, but they always just sell it off to one
of the 435 club members and get away with it for another couple years.
Of course, having mister Jack Garitson around makes things interesting all
the time...especially the methods they try to use to get rid of him lol.
As for it being worse then CB, well, 2M is pretty much become the modern
licensed CB band anyway.  Doesn't take a whole lot of knolege to get a
passing mark on the test and the equipment is as cheap and just as readily
availible as CB stuff is.
I think 435 is the exception in the ham community though...not too many
other repeater clubs could get away with running something like that for so
long.
73

Regards
Colin, V A6BKX