From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:01:01 -0500
Chris,

I'm quite happy with my Kenwood TM-G707A, which I've had for two
years.  The radio covers 2 meters and 450, as well as the aircraft band at
118 MHz, but does not cover 220.  The speech synthesizer reads frequency
and PL frequency, but none of the other functions.  The menus are a bit
frustrating, but you can access them if you count carefully.  There are 4
Power Menus which let you set up various combinations of settings so you
don't even have to get into the other menus once you set them up.  Also,
the radio will scan PLs and store them in the memories, although that
feature only works if the repeater transmits the PL tone.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have about the radio.

Steve