From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:08:41 -0500
Considering what most duel banders cost, I think it's well worth the money.
I was going to hide my other one and put the control head up front for a
while but plans changed so I sold that one but it can be done, the VS-3 goes
in the top cover, just behind the front panel, off to the right, you'll feel
raised lettering on the chassis, and it goes just in front of that. I forget
which way but try it wile the radio's apart and that will let you know if
you got it right or not, I did 2 of them. Now I still use my old Icom 27H
for mobile, I keep it under my seat, not like I need to look at the display
but when I get things finalized I'll make it so I can switch it out for the
706 if I want to but that will sit on my lap, I have enough power cord, not
sure about coax though right now.