From:
Judy A Shelton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:14:13 -0500
Greetings to everyone.  Well we finally have our Gateway SOLO 5300 laptop up and running.  Now I've some more questions that I need your help with:

1)  We have a desktop computer in our home office that is connected to the internet via DSL.  We want to be able to connect to the interet with the laptop from anywhere in our home, can we accomplish this with a wireless router and a USB memory stick of some sort?  Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

2)  Can you upgrade a video card in a lap top without replacing the motherboard as well or are most video cards integrated into the motherboard?

I'm sorry if I sound stupid, but I know the basics of "Computer Geek 101" by proxy, ie, my husband is the computer geek, but he does't have a whole lot of experience with laptops or newer pieces of hardware.

Thanks for all your help in the past and look forward to hearing any suggestions.

Thanks,

J A Shelton