Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:27:15 -0600
My experience with going from a Compaq with integrated video to a
separate video card (and not really the latest and greatest, either):

1. Check the box for compatibility. Mine said it needed a minimum 300
watt power supply. The compaq came with a 200 watt P.S. So I needed to
upgrade the power supply.

2. There was a jumper on the motherboard that had to be switched. No one
at Compaq told me about this. While switching BIOS to external seemed to
work, it just didn't seem to work right. Don't know why, but changing
that jumper (forgot what it did) made it work better.

3. Are you SURE you have the proper driver for it? For Win XP, Pro, with
SP2? In other words, did the manufacturer say that it is compatible with
XP PRO SP2? That would be a sure check there.

Jean Bourvic