ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:49:33 -0400
Thanks, Vicki!!

The background leading up to that verse is so precious and powerful!
The apostle Paul said it after sharing with the Ephesians the mystery which
had been hid until that present time.  That mystery from God was that the
Gentiles were to be fellowheirs of the Gospel of Grace in Christ Jesus,
along with the Jews, of whom Paul was one.  I picked out the following
verses to share with you:

5  Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it
is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6  That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and
partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

10  To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in
heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of
God,
11  According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ
Jesus our Lord:

20  Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we
ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21  Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages,
world without end. Amen.

I understand from these verses that Ephesians 3:19 is the promise from the
Lord that He will enable His church to make known this Truth of His purpose
that Jew and Gentile be One in Him.
I have heard so many folks say that there are Jews, and there are Gentiles
still.  But in Christ's church, there is neither, but we are all one in
Christ.  And that is the manifestation of the mystery that Paul was sharing
with the Ephesians, and Ephesians 3:19 tells us how the church can
accomplish what God gave us to do........make known the manifold wisdom of
God in Christ Jesus.

In Him, with love,
Helen