From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:47:00 -0500
Hi.

I'd be tempted to take a look at some of the LDG Electronics tuners.   I
have one of the early AT-11 auto tuners, and it is a good robust
tuner.  The only drawback is that it had a very noisy clock circuit which
raised havoc on 15 and 10 meters.  I understand that they have solved that
problem with lower current devices that are much quieter.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 02:40 PM 11/26/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I've never used an external tuner and don't know a blind ham who has,
>hopefully some one can help you with that though, I'd be interested too, I
>don't know what's accessible or anything is why I say that, only ones I know
>anyone who's ever actually had a mechanical problem or more with are some
>MFJ and unheard of names that are hard to find anyway but beyond that I have
>no clue.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]