From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:09:11 -0400
In early August, I asked here if anyone was using the  Wavenode
hardware/software package for monitoring swr and power using your pc.
Getting no replies, I checked it out for myself  including several e-mails
to Wavenode.   The main interest for blind hams is that this thing offers
voice readout of swr and power.

Alan at Wavenode seems very interested in makeing  his product  even more
accessable to blind hams and is happy for feedback from blind  hams.
Handi-hams and  QST both got units for testing.    The QST review is in
Oct. edition also posted at www.wavenode.com

I did purchase one  about 6 weeks ago and  am pleased  with it.    Will
handle 2 kw from 1.8 to 60 mhz and optional  sensors  for QRP hf, 8kw hf
vhf/uhf, or dc power monitoring.  Most of the features are still a mystry to
me and the software as it stands is not super jaws friendly but  updates are
put out every few months and  hopefully  that will improve.

Download the free software and give them some feedback, read the  docs and
QST review and maybe you willbuy this one.    I've been able to get my
antennas  tuned just the way  I have wanted to for a long time but was not
able to until now.

73, Steve KW3A