Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:26:43 -0500
  Congratulations Bob!

-----Original Message-----
.From: "Bob Humbert" <[log in to unmask]>
.Sent: 1/15/05 4:33:26 PM
.To: "[log in to unmask]"
.Subject: I got it!!
.
.This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
.
.------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C4FB06.A5C25B10
.
.This morning, I passed the general exam and rewarded myself by ordering
=
.the THF6A from HRO in Anaheim.  I was going to get another antenna but
=
.the salesman said, "why"?  He said that we are so surrounded by =
.mountains that a rubber ducky using half power will access more =
.repeaters than I can ever use so I didn't get one.  Now that I can =
.forget about studying for the exams, I guess I can concentrate on =
.studying the files that I downloaded from "I can use this thing" for
the =
.HT.  Right now, I'm kind of intimidated by the thing because I don't =
.have any sighted help who know the difference between the onn-off
button =
.and the antenna.  It's going to be fun and I'll probably pester you
guys =
.here for information.  The thing that amazes me is that I now have the
=
.general license and I haven't got the slightest idea what I am talking
=
.about most of the time.  Hopefully, that will come in time or when I =
.settle down again and study for the extra class.  Perhaps mastering
that =
.material and messing around with the HT will make it all make more =
.sense.  The salesman at HRO offered to program some of the repeaters =
.around here into the radio and I was more than glad to let him.  =
.apparently he is going to take it home with him and mail it Monday.  =
.Strange thing though, when I said "I'm sure you have the extra ticket"
I =
.hit a nerve because he has had the technician ticket since 1992.  I =
.suppose some people really are intimidated by tests.  As I have said, I
=
.can past a test without knowing what I am talking about.  There just
has =
.to be a happy compromise.  Well, I just wanted to share the good news.
=
.73 to everyone
.------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C4FB06.A5C25B10
.
.<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
.<HTML><HEAD>
.<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
.charset=3Diso-8859-1">
.<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=3DGENERATOR>
.<STYLE></STYLE>
.</HEAD>
.<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
.<DIV><FONT size=3D2>This morning, I passed the general exam and
rewarded =
.myself by=20
.ordering the THF6A from HRO in Anaheim.&nbsp; I was going to get
another =
.antenna=20
.but the salesman said, "why"?&nbsp; He said that we are so surrounded
by =
.
.mountains that a rubber ducky using half power will access more =
.repeaters than I=20
.can ever use so I didn't get one.&nbsp; Now that I can forget about =
.studying for=20
.the exams, I guess I can concentrate on studying the files that I =
.downloaded=20
.from "I can use this thing" for the HT.&nbsp; Right now, I'm kind of =
.intimidated=20
.by the thing because I don't have any sighted help who know the =
.difference=20
.between the onn-off button and the antenna.&nbsp; It's going to be fun
=
.and I'll=20
.probably pester you guys here for information.&nbsp; The thing that =
.amazes me is=20
.that I now have the general license and I haven't got the slightest
idea =
.what I=20
.am talking about most of the time.&nbsp; Hopefully, that will come in =
.time or=20
.when I settle down again and study for the extra class.&nbsp; Perhaps =
.mastering=20
.that material and messing around with the HT will make it all make
more=20
.sense.&nbsp; The salesman at&nbsp;HRO offered to program some of the =
.repeaters=20
.around here into the radio and I was more than glad to let him.&nbsp; =
.apparently=20
.he is going to take it home with him and mail it Monday.&nbsp; Strange
=
.thing=20
.though, when I said "I'm sure you have the extra ticket" I hit a nerve
=
.because=20
.he has had the technician ticket since 1992.&nbsp; I suppose some
people =
.really=20
.are intimidated by tests.&nbsp; As I have said, I can past a test =
.without=20
.knowing what I am talking about.&nbsp; There just has to be a happy=20
.compromise.&nbsp; Well, I just wanted to share the good =
.news.&nbsp;&nbsp; 73 to=20
.everyone </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
.
.------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C4FB06.A5C25B10--