From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:41:51 +0100
" Not only in research, but also in the everyday world of politics and
economics, we would all be better off if more people realized that simple
nonlinear systems do not nececessarily posses simple dynamical properties."
    Biologist Robert Mays from his "messianic" paper in Nature         (
1976)    "The Mathmatical Intuition"

Thus greenhouse warming may produce another ice age rather than a warmer
climate ( according to many scientists the more likely senario) and women
who consume more calories weigh less than women who practice calorie
reduction (according to the 125,000 women studied by Harvard).  Likewise,
calorie burning exercise has been shown to have no effect on weight.  Long
term studies of low calorie diet plans show a success rate of 2% ( the same
2% that become anorexix or bulemic on such programs).  The average person on
such a program actually gained 15% after two years in these studies.

That so many "weight loss experts" show such innumeracy ( and refuse to
accept my chalange to a swim suit competition) means a great opportunity for
a class action lawsuit similar to the one won by the FTC against the false
claims made by leading calorie reductions plans.  Although this legal action
only resulted in these companies adding small print disclaimers to their ads
( results not typical, etc ), I feel feel billions of dollars are still on
the table.

In a resent study adolesent offered an unlimmited buffet ate 30% fewer
calories when offered a high fat selection than a low fat one.  Nothing
produces saity faster than fat.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com