BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:14:30 -0500
My dad is in a temporary situation, and so am I, but he has his memory, and for that we are grateful.

I hope to slip out today to do some work.  I'm working on a project in Bay City that will restore the old Pere Marquette train depot.  It has been vacant for 20 years, lost its distinguishing tower and canopy, and been pretty much stripped and gutted inside.  However, with enough community support and donations, we will return it to some glory and full use in the community.  I'm particularly proud of the project, because I have personal memories of the building when it was a bus station and in a central location downtown.  My dad is tickled that I  have actual work in town, and he is pushing me out the door to do it while he stays home.  We are reluctant to leave him alone, but maybe a short trial is appropriate.  Anyway, it's not a huge leap from preserving buildings to preserving our quality of life, if we're honest about it.  It works both ways.

Ilene