BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:33:38 -0600
Ilene,

   Thank you for writing of these experiences.  They are a comfort.
Monitoring my father from this distance can be unnerving.  Knowing how
easily I eluded his observation in my youth, I doubt that I am any more
successful now than he was then.  Nor do I trust my sibling to
understand guy stuff.  Perhaps I should seek or invent some work "back
east", just to have an excuse to be in the neighborhood.

   Dad pushed me out the door to work when I made a visit in combination
with APT and some meetings of preservationeers last fall.  I'd say it
was a generational thing, except that I push my kids to put work first
too.  And yet, I am most proud of them when they drop work to do what
is needed for the family and friends of the family.

   Is the vacant Pere Marquette Train Depot all dirty and dangerous?!
How cool!  Send some photos!

-jc