BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A man of honor pays his debts with his own money. --DeGaulle
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:55:46 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>In regard to the matter of the thatch in Tiki bars, I think your only option is to do field research in Tiki bars.  If you need help, and can wait til Sept or so, I should be divorced about then.

So we can expect you in Mobile for IPTW 2004? You know you are going to
need a few nights out in order to refresh your batteries?

>Got a question re: efflorescence.

Sounds to me like CMU set w/cold weather accelerators.. a no no in histo
presto bu often used in more recent work as a speed up and get the
damned thing built methodology.
I've never seen tuckpointed CMU... impractical in most cases. Suggest
you undertake a small probe.

>As to iron spots

I think it is because they are tiny. I remember doing some weird
waterproofing with iron shavings... ironite it was called. Did not make
a whole lot of sense to me but mortars/masonry w/ iron it it seems to be
more brittle.

][<