BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A man of honor pays his debts with his own money. --DeGaulle
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:45:58 -0400
Met History wrote:

> In a message dated 6/23/2004 8:44:13 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
>     if nails had been left in the mortar joints by sloppy masons.
>
> just how does this happen?  before i waxed the screens, we had the
> house on the Damned Female Island reroofed.  it was winter, and the
> roofers lost a lot of nails over the side, but they fell in the snow.
> when the melt came, we had a cash crop of ferrous metal.     but
> what's a mason doing with nails?   Christopher

Eating them.

No, really, mason's are iron deficient due to the excess of lime. That
is why masons drink.

No, nails are used to hold string lines in place.
It is like a rule of entorpy... once it no longer serves a purpose in
your mind then forget about it.
So nails get left behind... this is not a Greek joke.

][< (pre-coffee or post-coffee?)