From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2004 18:10:46 -0400
I agree with Thomas - you need more time and more fat.  Fat is not the
enemy.  Try to get more omega-3 fats.

I am not a big fish eater so I take a tablespoon of cod liver oil 6 days a
week along with eating a mostly paleo diet.  I have lost a total of 77
pounds, and most of my symptoms from systemic lupus have disappeared.  They
do return if I have a major cheat - which happens less and less as time goes
by.  I also eat all the fat on any meat I eat, and I eat quite a bit of meat
- mainly I eat meat and vegetables, some fruit and nuts, a smidgeon of
dairy.  My blood work numbers are great.

Because I was not expecting such a tremendous improvement in my lupus
symptoms I did not pay attention to when they exactly stopped - but it was
months and not weeks.  Gradually I became aware of how great I was feeling.
One thing for sure - I will never go back to any other way of eating like
standard modern civilization food!!!

Paula H.

> I would like to say that just 3 weeks on 'Paleo' has banished all
> these 'niggles'. It hasn't.

Just like to say that it took about six months for me to lose the old knee
pain I had from long before.

Sounds like you are trying a low fat version of paleo. For myself I find
that more fat is better in terms of general health and good feeling.