From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2004 12:52:05 -0400
Todd Moody wrote:

> When I was doing
> the Warrior diet (maybe I'll try it again), I would sometimes have a
> handful of macadamias in the morning, on the assumption that since they
> are almost pure fat they'd have little impact on BG or insulin.  That
> would give me a few hundred calories of fuel, if I thought I needed it
> to get going.  Probably a psychological thing.

One of his tenets is "detoxifying" by eating "raw" foods during the day,
which to him means raw fresh vegetable juices, a bit of fruit, etc.

I do think there may be something to this "detoxifying" litany. It
intuitively feels right now that I am not eating during the day. I can
feel my food from the night before go through my system and I feel much
clearer and cleaner somehow not eating until the night.

But I think I am far better off without eating anything during the day.
I don't see any evidence for his raw regimen during the day. The rodent
studies involved total fasting followed by eating as much as they
wanted. This feels better to me and this is what I do.

I have found that occasionally eating during the day is fine. Unlike low
carb, where one cheat leads to another, it seems perfectly fine to eat,
say, lunch as a social or business event, and then dinner, and then the
next day go back to the one-meal-at-night routine. I actually think it
introduces some good randomness and makes it work better.

--Richard