Date:
Sun, 23 May 2004 00:18:29 EDT
In a message dated 5/17/2004 11:40:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I know that several weeks ago some people bought pemmican from Grassland
> beef. I am wondering what people think of it. It seems rather pricey, but I
> am looking for a quick and easy snack food that will travel well. and would
> be willing to pay the price if it fit the bill and tasted good. I know that
> everyone's taste is different, but any comments anyone could make would be
> appreciated.

I bought my first box during Grassland's recent sale and figured the cost to
be around $2.00/bar (about the same as any low-carb bar in the supermarket, if
you were into that kind of thing).  I've been eating Standard American Diet
off and on for the past 6 months, so I know my taste buds are a little
corrupted by that, and at first I did find them a little bland and unappetizing.  But
after a day or two of being back on paleofood, I love the taste of them.
The're small but they're VERY filling.  One bar makes a meal for me.  I definitely
recommend giving them a try.  I'm really glad I did.  I plan on being a
regular customer.
They do get mushy at room temperature, but they're still just as edible then.
 I've kept one in my purse for 2+ days and still liked it just as much when I
ate it.  (I know the manufacturer wouldn't recommend that, but I didn't have
any problem with it).