From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 11:06:51 -0700
On Thu, 20 May 2004 00:55:41 -0700, Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>in nature there is no waste but material in cycles to be reused or recycled
>, shit of one species is food for many others . humans have "created
>thousands of new chemicals that nature din't learn to integrate in the
>cycles of nutrients .they become toxic for many species .
>this use of the word natural seems to me so intellectual , so conceptual and
>not rooted in the ecological reality .many life forms are affected big times
>by those chemicals who are persistent .

This is like someone saying a sunny spring day is "weather", but a
tornado or hurrican is "not weather".

"Ecology" is just a mental grouping of events.

When those events create an outcome that fits the ideology of
ecologists, i.e. symbiosis and cooperation, they call it "ecology".

When those events are chaotic and destructive, they call it "unnatural
human meddling".

Natural "ecological" processes lead *inevitably* to corporations
presided over by selfish jerks.

Selfish jerks are a direct result of ecological processes - they
spread their genetic material to a far greater number of fertile eggs
than do sensitive new-age nice guys.

--
Cheers,

Ken