From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 17:15:19 -0700
On Thu, 20 May 2004 17:42:15 -0600, Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>How bad is the modern diet?  Check out the documentary "Super-Size Me."
>It's both funny and serious.  Anyone who's seen it knows what I'm talking
>about.  Of course, they talk more about fat than sugar and starch but
>whatever.  In short, a guy ate nothing but McDonald's food, every meal of
>every day, for a month.  Check it out, you'll love it.

Actually, it is mostly a publicity stunt for the filmmaker.

In fact, in order to demonstrate that it was just another attempt to
shift responsibility for all our personal problems to "Them", a
different person made a point of eating every meal at McDonalds for a
month and lost weight.

The "modern diet" does not consist of eating every meal at fast food
restaurants, and straw man arguments don't get us anywhere.

--
Cheers,

Ken