From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 09:27:08 -0700
On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:05:56 +0900, Wilkinson Jens
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> But on a very
>basic level, I find it hard to disbelieve (from
>experience) that children inherit traits from their
>parents, and that our makeup is largely guided by
>inherited factors. Tall people tend to have tall children,
>people with blond hair to give birth to children with
>blond air, etc. And clearly, if you start feeding a cow
>meat or giving a cat grain, you're not going to get a very
>healthy cow or a very healthy cat.

You (and others) seem to be confusing two almost opposite things.

What you are talking about is how succeeding generations are the
*same* as their ancestors, which is genetics.

Evolution is a theory about where *differences* come from.

Paleo Diet is mainly based on genetics, i.e. that we are genetically
the same as Paleo man, that we are not different from the
hunter-gatherers of the Paleolithic era.

So, evolution is largely irrelevant to the Paleo Diet.

Genetics
- The branch of biology that deals with heredity, especially the
mechanisms of hereditary transmission and the variation of inherited
characteristics among similar or related organisms.

Evolution
 - The theory that groups of organisms change with passage of time,
mainly as a result of natural selection, so that descendants differ
morphologically and physiologically from their ancestors.

--
Cheers,

Ken