ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:02:57 -0500
Brad,
The only comment that you made that I didn't like is when you said that
some stick to tradition out of pride and a lack of wanting to be real
with God.  Tradition has its place.  God Himself ordained a lot of
traditions as a vehicle of passing on the faith to a next generation.
Often, when the traditions are gone, the faith is passed on so casually
that it doesn't get caught by the next generation.  I enjoy open worship,
but I also enjoy tradition very much.  There is meaning and purpose to it
if you are willing to seek for it.  Praise worship can become as
meaningless and empty as a traditional hymn.  I've often referred to
praise music as McDonalds, a quick fix compared to more traditional music
that is rich in theology, but takes more effort to grasp the meaning of,
like a home cooked meal takes a lot more effort.  I enjoy both and I'm so
grateful that I can appreciate both.  I get tired of the two sides
pitting themselves against each other as if one is better than the other.
 I'm not saying that you are doing this.  Your comments in this post to
Matt were really well balanced.  However,  sometimes, from your comments,
in other posts,  I do wonder.  What matters is the heart.  I can put my
heart into a traditional service and come away feeling very filled and I
can leave a modern service feeling the same way because they are both
means of worshiping my God Whom I love above all things.
IN Him,
Kathy

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!