Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 06:49:01 EST
You are attempting to so something that MS, the motherboard and drive
manufacturers didn't intend for you to do.  Most new motherboards support Win 98 SE,
ME, Windows 2000 or XP.  So you could be having problems aside from the drive
format issue if the new motherboard doesn't support 95 or NT.  This is due to
the integrated equipment on the board like video, sound, LAN, USB etc.  First
item of business is to know your motherboard model and the exact version of
Windows 95 you will hope to install.  We also need to know what other cards are
installed like video, sound, and so in order to find if the drivers are
available.

Finally, there are procedures to for preparing a drive for installation of
the earlier operating system that has had XP installed but we need to know the
file format on the drive down.  That is NTFS or FAT 32.  How large your hard
drive is and if you want to end up with one large partition?

Once we clear these hurdles we can tell you the steps required for your drive
preparation.  It might be easier to stay with XP but we will help if you
would prefer to use something else.

Good luck,
Mike Scott

                     support at our newest website: