BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 23:00:48 -0500
Okay, I'm looking for trouble, but I figured none of you would have a
problem with this.  It seems a certain principle of a certain elementary
school likes to give out these pins with geese on them along with cards
that say what follows:

1.  People who share a common direction and sense of purpose can get
there more quickly.

2.  Its harder to do something alone than together.

3.  Shared leadership and interdependence gives us each a chance to lead
as well as an opportunity to rest.

4.  Encouragement is motivating.  We need to make sure our "honking" is
encourageing, not discouraging.

5.  We may all need help from time to time.  We should stand by our
colleagues in difficult times.

 Whatever value any of these may have individually, each is kind of
short sited and none exaults the individual.  Since my concern is more
with an individual child...and less on whether the school accepts her as
the head goose...I would like some quotes to contradict these.  Any
suggestions?  Was it John Muir who said something about going alone?

I promise that whatever you literary giants pass on to me, your name
will not be given to the principle.  Its been a long time since I've
gotton detention, and its sounds downright relaxing now.

-jc