BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:24:34 -0500
david,

If I could add my 0.02 USD United States Dollars = 0.0256408 AUD Australia
Dollars:

APT Bulletin Vol. XXXIII No. 2-3 (2002): "Color and Long-Term Color Retention
in Composite Patching Systems for Stone and Masonry", by yours truly, includes
some follow-up study on 12-year-old sandstone repairs.

As for the Met Museum in NYC, yes, a number of patching systems were installed
as test patches in 2002(some looked very good, some less so) but the final
decision was made on the basis of (and I quote): "It just felt right". The
particular individual who made that decision also thought epoxy patching on
terra cotta "just felt right" 20 years ago.

Edison Coatings, Inc.
M. P. Edison
President
3 Northwest Drive