From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 13:58:01 +0100
Certainly the ts2000 receiver is better than the ts570.

The pass band of the 570 leads to pumping when their is a strong
adjacent signal.

In CW operation, this is greatly improved with adding one of the
optional CW filters.

I do find the filter knobs on the TS2000 a bit fiddly and have
occasionally knocked the main VFO knob when reaching for them.

By the way, I have mine at my alternative location hung on the under
side of a shelf by the optional mobile mount, and my TS570 was for a
while underneath it and I made direct comparisons (by ear only) between
the two.

Neither is, however, as good as my ft1000mp at my permanent address.

i have never used an Icom rig for protracted periods of time, but
understand that the IC576 and pro have poor CW reception.

Of the three rigs that I currently use, accessibility is best on the
TS570, followed by the TS2000 and far behind is the MP.
I do however prefer the MP for my preferred operating of DX and
contesting.

I would be pleased if someone could let me know how to configure the
TS2000 so I can have the vs-3 tell me the s-meter reading.

73 de Dave - G3YXX

David

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Dave Hillebrandt
<[log in to unmask]> writes

--
David W Wood