From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:52:20 +0200
Does anyone have a good recipe for lamb hearts? I went to the Turkish
butcher here where I get the bones for my dog and picked up lambs liver
and -hearts. The dog is eating the hearts raw and I thought it's time
for me to give them a try as well. Organmeats are rarely eaten here in
Holland the last 50 years so I'm unsure how to prepare them. Looked on
the internet and found a boring boilrecipe that seems not very appealing.
So any suggestions welcome.  I'm definitely not willing to eat them raw
as well ;-)

The (cheapish) livers are going to become pate today and I'll let you
know how it went. After reading all the mails about organmeat I realised
we need more of it in this household.  Eating just musclemeat is not
enough since we are getting stricter and stricter in our Paleoways.

Glad to report btw that one of the young women of my work who has severe
arthritis started eating Paleo (under some pressure of my part) for a
few days and yesterday noticed she had knuckels on her hands. For so
long they had been covered in swollen flesh that she couldn't even see
them. Now she noticed that also her brain is getting affected as well.
She said (very significant to me) that she feels like when she was on
anti-depressants!! I remember all the discussions here about the
benefits of our way of eating for our mental health. The sharp edges
seem to be taken off and overall she is enthousiastic.  Same way the fog
seems to have been lifted from my blondish mind.

Christy