From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:25:35 +0900
On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 08:56  AM, Mike Raiti wrote:
> returned.   Next spring will be the test, when grasses become a
> problem.  I have avoided eating grains completely during the past 3
> days.  My nasal sinuses are much clearer.

One person I know here had a lot of allergy relief just by quitting
bread but otherwise keeping her diet as before. I quit all grains about
2 years ago, and during the allergy season try to keep much more low
carb. The last two years have been great. This year in particular I got
through the allergy season with no drugs and a clear nose. I did use
the "Breathright" nose springs a few times. If you have continuing
problems I suggest you try a few weeks of very low carb. You should
notice an improvement by the second day. At least I do. I even skip
fruits and carb veggies like carrots. Your troubles sound more serious
than mine ever were though. I also found that on the days I went
jogging I didn't usually have much trouble.

> I have a couple of questions about your choice of fat - which you
> mention as avocados, fish and olive oil.   Do you cook with olive oil
> (sautee)?

Yes, and fry meat. I also pour it on salad.

>  Is there anything negative about Hemp Seed Oil.

Don't know anything about hemp oil. Never tried it.

>   Those two
> along with sunflower seed butter have been my main sources of fat for
> probably over a couple of years.  In the past I was also eating a lot
> of fish and a small amount of oven roasted nuts.  I am wondering
> about my the effects of my choices regarding fats on my asthma as
> well as any links to cancer or other diseases.

You might want to try eating more fatty meat. Getting some more
saturated fat might do some good. I am currently reducing saturated fat
to see what effect that has on ldl cholesterol. But I feel better when
eating it.

> Currently I am receiving an allergy treatment called Low Dosage
> Antigen which is supposed to desensitize an individual to over 300
> common allergens.

It worked for a friend of mine. We live in such sterile conditions
these days, we aren't getting enough dirt and germs and pollen in our
systems to keep everything tuned up. Then when we do get some, our
bodies overcompensate. The antigen treatments are supposed to bring you
up to a more natural level of defense. The theory makes sense to me.