From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 08:23:29 +0900
On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 05:28  AM, Mike Raiti wrote:

> From my own personal experience I had blood work done last year.
> While I don't have the results in front of me I can summarize.  My
> LDL and cholesterol were in a very desirable range, but my HDL was
> why too low.

I usually get a fair amount of exercise, running about 80 minutes three
times a week and some shorter runs. At my recent health check my hdl
was good, 58, but my ldl was high, 203. Triglycerides were very low,
48. In spite of the high ldl cholesterol number, when I ran these
results plus lifestyle factors through the heart risk analysis I came
up with a low risk profile.

My biggest non-paleo foods were lots of cream and butter. I also ate
lots of very fatty pork. The high saturated fat probably is what lifted
my ldl cholesterol so high. I am trying to eat a similar high fat and
meat diet but with no cream and less saturated fat to see what happens.
I have a check in two months. So I am eating more avocados, fish and
olive oil these days.

By the way, while I don't have asthma, I do have spring hay fever.
Paleo, low carb and running cured me. Staying very low carb during the
pollen season is the key.