From:
Mike Raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:28:16 -0400
Has there been any discussion about the amount of activity/exercise
needed when eating the paleolithic diet for optimal health?  I seems
to me that I have read that HDL levels are more affected by exercise
than diet (whereas LDL is more affected by diet).  Also, it seems
that activity stimulates appetite which suggests to me that a whole
myriad of desirable biochemical pathways would be turned on or
increased.

I do not have much time to actually sit down and read a book anymore
and probably will not until next Spring.  Can anyone tell me in the
Paleo-literature what the recommendation/guidelines when eating paleo.

 From my own personal experience I had blood work done last year.
While I don't have the results in front of me I can summarize.  My
LDL and cholesterol were in a very desirable range, but my HDL was
why too low.   At the time I got little exercise due to a back injury
and frequent asthma flair ups.  I was also eating a lot of grain -
probably 1200 calories a day would be an (white rice, oatmeal and
cold cereals).  Since then I have greatly increased the amount of
exercise that I do but haven't had any blood work done.