From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:15:22 -0500
Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My inability to enjoy liver remains a mystery to me.
>
>Sweetbreads I've tried soaked and then sauteed with olive oil and herbs,
>spices.  Barf.
>Kidneys, giblets -- these have been packed with herbs, seasonings and
>backed inside of roast birds -- Barf.

Maybe there's simply one or several compounds in these animal organs that
your body does not tolerate, perhaps because your forebears never ate these
organs. Maybe your forebears were fishermen. Have you tasted fish liver?
Have you tasted fishheads? My mother, me and my middle brother have
probably always liked for example animal liver, but my youngest brother who
has a different father has so far always strongly rejected it.

 EI know it's not the psychological issue of eating organs because I LOVE
>for instance veal tongue and nothing looks grosser than a big veal
>tongue.  I just think I'm wasting money on vitamins when the real thing
>would be much better for me if only I didn't want to puke from the taste
>of the organs.

Animal liver for example is packed with different vitamins and minerals,
but all of these, I'm sure, can be found in other whole food sources as
well. What kind of vitamins and minerals are you taking? I hope I'm not too
inquisitive.

Fredrik