From:
Joe Zychik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 08:36:12 -0700
I mentioned this issue to my wife. She told me, "Cedar
Wax Wings and Robins are known to get drunk from
fermented berries." So I stand corrected, in part.
She is going to look into it further to discover if
there are any studies indicating whether or not the
birds deliberately seek the fermented berries or if
the intoxication is caused by accident.

However, sparrows, finches, and other bird species
also crash into windows. They don't eat berries.

best,

JoeZychik