From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:28:32 -0700
Phosphor wrote:

> if u stick to dry wine or cider there will be no
> blood sugar problems. in fact, it helps keep it
stable in reasonable quantities. if u drink a barrel
full, you can get hypoglycemic since the alcohol
> metabolism stops the liver from releasing glucose as
> it would nromally do periodically. then you fall
down dead drunk. its a hypoglycemic attack
> rather than the alcohol per se. eat while you drink
> like the spanish do, high protein foods, and there
will be no problems. I have experimented extensively
with all these parameters.

Curious, what type of experiments? Did you use a blood
glucose monitor?  I've been drinking dry red wine and
cider regularly during 3 of my 4+ years of paleo
eating and have noticed the same thing.  No sugar
crashes, acne, increased triglycerides, etc..  My
first year on paleo my one cheat food was beer.  As
soon as I dropped beer and switched to wine and an
occasional cider I lost 10 pounds fast, increased my
HDL from 59 to 70 and saw my LDL drop 18 points.

Cheers!
Mark

http://calendar.yahoo.com