Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 01:32:46 -0400
mark wilson wrote:

>> time a group of people have been drinking alcohol etc..
>

> And GTS said:
>
>>> Do you have sources for this? Where is the data that supports this
>>> table?
>

> And Craig Replies
>>
>> Wolff, P.H. Ethnic Differences in Alcohol
>> Sensitivity. Science, 175:4020,
>> 1972.
>
> And Mark replies,
>
> GTS,
> I'm right there with you brother and have pretty much
> agreed with you this entire thread, but, isn't the
> paleo theory grounded on the fact that man has not
> evolved eating certain foods?  If you agree with that
> theory, by logical extension you must believe that
> the longer a (modern non-paleo) group has been exposed
> to these foods (i.e alcohol, grains, milk etc..) the
> more likely it is that group has become adapted to
> those foods.  Are you arguing that point?

I wasn't disputing Craig's post. I am merely curious to see the actual
numbers to get some idea of their significance. I haven't yet looked for the
Wolff study he cited.

I already know that native Americans have a problem with alcohol. This is
pretty much common knowledge. However I am curious about the degree of
difference between alcoholism rates in Mediterraneans vs. Northern
Europeans. This is the first I've heard that Northern Europeans have a
bigger problem with alcoholism than Mediterraneans. Also I have never seen
evidence that Mediterraneans have been consuming alcoholic beverages longer
than Northern Europeans.

-gts