From:
Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:30:18 -0700
--- Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> [...]

Pure carbohydrates is somewhat of an exaggeration. I
have a biochemistry textbook somewhere at home that
says that all alcohol beverages are 99% water +
ethanol, with the difference between beverages being
in the last 1%. So wine is like 12% ethanol, 87%
water, and 1% tannin and various other substances. I
don't know if that still makes them loaded with
carbohydrates, but perhaps it's still a lot.

I wonder about the pigging out on sugar, though.
Doesn't the same thing happen to cigarette smokers
when they quit? I always thought it was just a symptom
of an "addictive personality."

http://calendar.yahoo.com