From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 03:14:14 -0500
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Alcohol in small amounts is on the other hand paleo...
>
>Well, at the risk of offending, that depends on what your definition of
>alcohol is.  Maybe I'm just hyper-sensitive in light of my alcoholic,
>knuckle-dragging nightmare of a brother, the dear friend who used to work
>with me but was fired thanks to drinking on the job or a million other
>problems I've witnessed (some firsthand) -- including death -- that can all
>be chalked up to booze, but I don't like comparing Miller Light to a few
>rotten grapes.  Again, maybe I've seen to much but I don't feel comfy
>endorsing alcohol at all.  For some, one drop is all it takes to wreak
>sheer havock.  Anyone else a litt
le sensitive to this or is it just me?

My father started to drink after me and my middle brother were born. I
remember my grandparents crying. I remember other alcoholics from my
childhood as well. Some of them were beating their wifes. My stepfather was
a drunk too. He beat me. He once almost killed me.

I've always avoided alcoholic beverages. Only a short period at the end of
senior highschool I tried different types of beverages. It was interesting
but just an experiment.

I don't care about the antioxidants in i.e. wine, that people are talking
about. There are plenty of these in vegetables and fruits, I guess. I don't
think that antioxidants is what people are after when they drink. They just
want the stimulus of alcohol.

I think people who are even a very little drunk after drinking alcohol are
pathetic. I don't want to talk to them in that condition. Sorry if I've
offended some of you.

Fredrik