From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:43:05 -0500
I expect to receive my beta krc2 within the next few weeks.  This is a
combination station control box and access aid for the elecraft k2.

According to the last conversation I had with the developer, it will read
out nearly everything on the k2 display in cw.

Also, plans are to have the device be configuraable with a pc so that the
user can customize the device's actions to his or her preference.

Will keep you all informed as I learn more.
Cost of the krc2 will be $150.00.  A real bargain when you take into
account all the capabilities of the krc2.

In addition to accessibility, the device will control external devices
based on information received from the rig.  So far testers have used it to
control the stepper beam antenna, remote antenna switches, external power
amps, etc.

Also, at least the control features are not limited to elecraft
products.   The device has been successfully used with the kenwood ts2000,
yaesu and icom rigs.

More news as I get it.